COVID-19 Restrictions – Malta (LMML)
Last modified on 17th September 2021
NOTICE: Travel requirements vary by country and may change at short notice.
All passengers are required to present a completed Public Health Travel Declaration and Passenger Locator Form link (PLF). As from the 16th of August 2021, passengers will only be allowed to submit their passenger locator form (PLF) via the online EU-dPLF platform which can be accessed at https://app.euplf.eu/#/
. They can then present the submitted PLF with the QR code at check in and on arrival in Malta in digital format or as a print-out. Paper copies of the passenger locator form will no longer be distributed and will not be accepted at check-in or on arrival in Malta.
All passengers are required to present valid vaccination certificate recognised by the Superintendent of Public Health (age 12+), which at present are the following:
- The Maltese vaccination certificate issued by the Ministry for Health.
- The EU Digital COVID vaccination certificate, issued by EU, EEA and non-EU countries connected to the EUDCC gateway. The EU Digital COVID vaccination certificate now includes certificates from Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, Ukraine and Vatican City.
- The United Kingdom NHS (paper or digital) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccination Certificate.
- The UAE Al Hosn vaccine certificate.
- The UAE Vaccine certificate issued by the Dubai Health Authorities with a readable QR Code.
- The Turkish Vaccine certificate of full course of vaccination.
- The United States CDC Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card: accepted until 31July 2021. As of 01 August 2021 this will need to be verified through the VeriFLY app to be accepted as a valid vaccination certificate. The VeriFLY app is available on both Google Play (https://bit.ly/2WkqfrI) and Apple App Store (https://apple.co/3x8K0zn). Go to https://go.daon.com/veriflyapp for Verifly FAQs.
- The Serbian “Digital Green Certificate” with a readable QR Code.
- The Albanian Digital Covid certificate.
- The Covid 19 vaccination certificate issued by the Ministry of Public Health, Doha, Qatar .
- The Gibraltar, Jersey and Guernsey vaccination certificates.
- Australia COVID-19 Digital Certificate – full course and 14 days after last dose as verified through Medicare Express Plus App.
- The Arab Republic of Egypt COVID-19 vaccine certificate.
- The Lebanese COVID-19 vaccination record card
The following certificates are NOT VALID for travel to Malta:
- COVID Recovery Certificates
- COVID Vaccination Certificates showing only 1 dose of a vaccine requiring 2 doses, irrelevant of whether after recovery or not.
- COVID Vaccine Certificates with less than 14 days from the final dose.
- COVID Vaccine Certificates not on the accepted list
Persons coming from “red” listed countries who do not have one of the above will need to present a PCR test done not more than 72 hours before the journey and shall undergo mandatory quarantine at their own expense. Further details are found here: